The Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support (RHSW) Program provides emotional support services to former Indian Residential School students and their families before, during and after their participation in Settlement Agreement processes, including the Common Experience Payments and the Independent Assessment Process, and those participating in Truth and Reconciliation Commission events and Commemoration activities.
Resolution Health Support Program Services are safe, confidential, respectful, and non-judgmental information for Former Indian Residential School students and their families.
All former Indian Residential School students, regardless of the individual’s status or place of residence within Canada, who attended an Indian Residential School listed in the 2007 Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreement, are eligible for the Resolution Health Support Program. In recognition of the inter-generational impacts that the Indian Residential Schools had on families, Resolution Health Support Program services are also available to family members of former Indian Residential School students.
RHSW services include but are not limited to:
- Preparation & Support for Claim Hearings
- Emotional Support to Claimants Through Hearing Process
- Emotional Support at TRC & Regional Events
- Assistance with Self-care Preparation
- Educational Seminars & Workshops to raise awareness about the History and continuing Issues from Residential School.
- Community based workshops on Grief & Loss, Suicide Prevention etc.
- Truth and Reconciliation Events -support